Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hello!

Today is a Tuesday that feels like a Friday.  I'm restless and the house is a disaster, and I will have to deal with both issues soon.  But I want to get my blog up and running, so I'm writing a short post!

I am April.  I am the proud mother of four children, ages 6, 4 and 2.  (There are two 4 year olds in there.)  I am lucky enough to get to stay home and raise my kids.  The monetary pay stinks, but I wouldn't trade it for a fortune.  We also homeschool.  My husband does construction and remodeling, and is an amazing playhouse/playset designer and builder on the side.  He's quite an artist!  Oh, all the website, advertising, and computer work to be done for the playhouse business is what I do "on the side".  I'm beginning to wonder just how many "sides" I'm allowed.  Yes, I am a busy lady. 



My true love is sewing.  I adore Craftsy and Pinterest, I have a small, neglected Etsy shop (that I hope to put more time into some day), and even a Facebook page dedicated to my sewing projects... mostly for my shop.  So I can be found pretty much anywhere great project ideas congregate.  I also love crafting and painting.  And DIY projects!  Oh dear!  I have pains of conscience about buying anything that I can make myself.  (Or that I think my husband can make!)  I obviously have a problem!

We are currently changing over the style of our home's interior, so that gives me the perfect opportunity to try out a bunch of my Pinterest pins!   I also make a lot of my girls' clothes, and some of mine.  And I'm a super impatient seamstress/crafter, so if I can't get something done in a short amount of time, I don't want to do it.  With my crazy life there's no telling when I'll get back to something if I have to put it away before I'm done.  So, if you enjoy sewing, crafting, DIY projects, homeschooling, or can just appreciate the hairy life of a mom with a litter of small kids, come hang out!  This should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment